Sangter Foundation was established in 2015 under the auspices of Sangter Rinpoche, by the initiative of people of good will, who deeply care about involvement in actions directed towards improving healthcare and promoting healthy lifestyle among inhabitants of Sikkim as well promoting education directed at increasing environmental protection awareness and preserving unique Sikkimese cultural heritage. Foundation unites people willing to take actions to benefit Sikkim and it is also aimed to acts as an international platform to exchange ideas, thoughts, and cross-cultural experiences.
The founder of Sangter Foundation is Buddhist Teacher Sangter Rinpoche, tulku and abbot of two Buddhist monasteries in south Sikkim and teacher in Karma Kamtsang lineage, who actively supports Sikkim development and deeply cares about people of Sikkim.
The main aim of Sangter Foundation is healthcare and promotion of healthy lifestyle within Sikkim Free Clinic, where volunteering doctors, physiotherapists and medical staff will provide free medical assistance to people of Sikkim.
After setting up/activating Sikkim Free Clinic Sangter Foundation aims to establish Medical Institute which would give local medical doctors opportunity to study Tibetan, Chinese and Western Medicine methods.
The mission of Sangter Foundation is improvement of quality of life of people of Sikkim by carrying actions directed towards improving healthcare , promoting healthy lifestyle and education directed at increasing environmental protection awareness and preserving unique Sikkimese cultural heritage.
The objectives of Sangter Foundation are carrying out actions for benefit of Sikkim, India, directed towards:
- improving healthcare and promoting healthy lifestyle
- providing medical education by giving local medical doctors opportunity to study Tibetan, Chinese and Western Medicine methods.
- providing ecological education for youth and children to increase environmental protection awareness
- preserving and cultivating unique Sikkimese cultural heritage
- supporting environmental protection and promoting technologies friendly for sustainable development
- supporting social and professional reintegration of Sikkim inhabitants
- promoting touristic and cultural values of Sikkim