BECOME A MEDICAL VOLUNTEER
– Would you like to get involved in Sikkim Free Clinic?
– Are you are a doctor/physiotherapist/ medical staff member?
– Is your English good enough to communicate?
Please, fill in a questionnaire and become our volunteer!
THE RULES OF MEDICAL VOLUNTEERING
– Volunteering expeditions last minimum of 2 weeks each and take place from march to november, the specific dates are available in the EXPEDITIONS SCHEDULE.
– Sangter Foundation provides:
- fulfilling all formal and legal duties required to support medical volunteer’s stay in Sikkim, including necessary authorisation/permission for medical volunteers to perform medical assistance in the state of Sikkim
- covering the costs of stay of medical volunteer in Sikkim (transport costs within India, accommodation and board)
- Medical volunteer’s insurance for the duration of stay in Sikkim
– Costs of flight to India and back are covered by volunteer. In some cases it is possible for the Foundation to cover costs of flight of certain required medical specialists as indicated in the announcements for the particular expedition.
– Volunteers provide medical assistance and consults in sufficiently medically equipped Sikkim Free Clinic offices, using their own basic medical instruments and devices. In case the specialist requires any other medical equipment or device that cannot be brought to Sikkim personally by the volunteer, it needs to be indicated in the questionnaire.
– Western medicine doctors can provide medical assistance independently only in case of holding MD degree. Medical students can offer their help as assistants to attending physicians.
– Volunteers weekly work schedule is from Monday to Friday and the weekends are off. Volunteers can use their free time on weekends for joining Sangter Foundation organized excursions or for resting. (Body resting/ego wrestling;)
Do you have questions? Please contact us!
Are you curious how Sikkim Free Clinic works and how medical assistance of volunteers looks like in practice? Check SIKKIM FREE CLINIC and ONGOING EXPEDITIONS sections.
QUESTIONAIRE FOR MEDICAL VOLUNTEER CANDIDATE
By filling in the below questionnaire you declare the will to support the activities carried out by Sangter Foundation as a medical volunteer according to RULES OF (PROVIDING) MEDICAL VOLUNTEERING. We request you to provide comprehensive answers to the questions below- that will allow us to get to know you better and to best fit your qualities and possibilities of engagement as medical volunteer in the planning of our medical volunteering expeditions. It will also help us to prepare in advance a suitable medical equipment required by you in Sikkim Free Clinic Offices , when and if possible.
Please acknowledge that filling in the below questionnaire does not mean taking part in medical volunteering expedition to Sikkim – it is just a first form of contact with the Foundation. After the Foundation has read filled in questionnaires, the chosen candidates will be contacted and offered a detailed description of possibilities of involvement in planned expeditions.